Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hanukkah Cake Pops

I'll be heading to a Hanukkah party tonight and I thought I would make some treats. I have been fascinated by cake pops lately so I thought I would try them again. There were a few things I learned from the last batch I made (like making the chocolate coating thinner) and I think they turned out very nice.

I baked the cake last night so it would go faster today. After crumbling up the cake in a bowl and mixing in the frosting I made them into little balls.

I used a small scoop to get the balls about the same size.

I cut out the stars using a Star of David cookie cutter I found. My wonderful boyfriend decided to help me out and made me this little tool for getting the cake out of the mold. It made things go super fast!

After getting all the stars molded I put them on the sticks. I used a little of the white chocolate I colored blue to help the cake stay on the sticks.

I dipped and dipped and dipped and then decorated....

And these were my final product.

I hope everyone enjoys them!

1 comment:

disco george said...

so much twgs... oy vey!