Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Berry Tart

It's been a while and I have missed baking very, very much. Between moving to a new house and then being quite sick for a few weeks I finally had the chance to break in my new kitchen.

(Isn't it lovely?)


I decided to try a bold new recipe. It's both vegan AND gluten-free. And it came out rather tasty if I do say so myself.


I really need to stop taking pictures with my camera phone and get my actual camera out (since I finally found my charger). The colors aren't quite right on this picture. The berries actually made the tart a brilliant purple color.

Here is the recipe if you want to attempt it yourself (courtesy of The Post Punk Kitchen)

Like I said, I made it gluten-free. Instead of regular flour I used some gluten-free all-purpose flour mixed with some xanthan gum. Baking gluten-free really isn't that hard and it makes me want to experiment more even though I'm not really gluten intolerant. I like challenges I guess. And challenges that taste good in the end are even better.



On a side note, I also tried my hand at making homemade yogurt on Saturday. After doing some research online I found you can make it in a crockpot. It came out pretty good. It was a little thinner than I remember it being when I was younger and my mom would make it but it tasted good. I even made some frozen yogurt with it yesterday too.


Next time I'll probably add more of the agar-agar powder to thicken it (I added a little this time but I guess not enough to do much).


I have visions of making peach frozen yogurt this summer. I can't wait.

No comments: